Guidelines for Submissions:
- Submitted audio should be a wav file or mp3, and sent to Chris Butler.
You can contact Chris here for details.
Preferred: wav file, 44.1 khz, at least 16 bit, 24 bit even better
OK: mp3, encoded at best resolution possible, at least 192kbps, 320kbps even better
No length restrictions, but please remember that a "song" requires lyrics.
Instrumental sections are fine, but JUST instrumental pieces are not in the spirit of the project.
- Submit a lyric sheet of your contribution.
The lyrics you use in your contribution must be your own and not a recycle of the lyrics from the original Devil Glitch. An advanced search checking the lyrics box can help. If you need a collaborator for writing lyrics, try asking around the forums.
Please remember that a "song" is legally defined in America as having "a melody and lyrics", so please record your variation on the "Sometimes you can fix something by..." lyric line. Thus, instrumental-only submissions will probably not be used. I may add some lyrics to your chunk, but it will be a low, low priority.
- An image file (artist photo, interpretive pic, etc) to associate with your contribution. You must own the image you are submitting; nothing lifted from other websites please!
Supported image types include GIF, JPG, and PNG. Suggested dimensions: 100 X 100 pixels.
- Any preferred links (website and/or email) you'd like to have listed.
- The click and acoustic track (download link below) is there for your convenience, but you are not bound to use this. And please no fade-ins or fade-outs if possible...editing this thing is going to be enough of a pain. A "1-2-3-4" count-in would be helpful, too.
- - re: censorship. I reserve the right to edit anything that is submitted. That said, I am not a prude, so rough language is not a turn-off...but neither do I wanna get busted for distributing internet obscenity, so use your head about what you say, okay?
- Legal stuff. You own your contribution, period - but by submitting it, you are allowing me to use it in this project in perpetuity. If you want to register it with the Library of Congress or any other performance right organization in your country, that is your business. There is a chance that some other media (TV, radio, etc.) might do a news piece on this project and use some of what you've submitted. If this happens, I will do my best to get you a cue sheet so if there is any dough generated, you get it. To that end, you must include some info about yourself, personal web page URL &/or contact info with your submission or it can't be used. You also grant me the right to use this info in the project, but I will not give or sell your info to any third party, so don't get all nutzparanoid about this. Also, you warrant that your submission does not violate the rights of any third party.
Right click to download 114 Beats-Per-Minute click track/acoustic guitar wav file:
Right click to download 114 Beats-Per-Minute click track/acoustic guitar mp3:
Contribute some lyrics:
If you don't want to make a musical addition to "The Major Glitch" but would like to contribute some lyrics, send them by email to Chris here.